Data security is a top priority for Materialize, and Materialize believes that working with skilled security researchers can identify weaknesses in any technology.
If you believe you’ve found a security vulnerability in Materialize’s service, please notify us; we will work with you to resolve the issue promptly.
- If you believe you’ve discovered a potential vulnerability, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com. We will acknowledge your email within five business days.
- Please include a description of the bug and how you discovered it and any relevant logs or example code.
- Provide us with a reasonable amount of time to resolve the issue before disclosing it to the public or a third party. We aim to resolve critical issues within one month of disclosure.
- Make a good faith effort to avoid violating privacy, destroying data, or interrupting or degrading the Materialize service. Please only interact with accounts you own or for which you have explicit permission from the account holder.
Materialize is on a weekly release schedule and expects all users to upgrade to the latest available version within two weeks of a release. Therefore, Materialize’s Responsibility Disclosure Policy covers only issues affecting the latest version and the version prior to it.
This restriction applies to both the installed executable (materialized) and Materialize Cloud.Exclusions.
While researching, we’d like you to refrain from:
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS)
- Social engineering or phishing of Materialize employees or contractors
- Any attacks against Materialize’s physical property or data centers
Thank you for helping to keep Materialize and our users safe!
We may revise these guidelines from time to time. The most current version of the guidelines will be available at https://materialize.com/securitydisclosure.
Materialize is always open to feedback, questions, and suggestions. If you would like to talk to us, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.