This guide walks you through the steps required to use the collaborative data notebook Deepnote with Materialize.
Step 1. Create an integration
- Sign in to Deepnote.
- Go to the Workspace integrations page.
If you are inside a workspace, in the Menu, click Integrations
- Click in the + Add Integration button.
- Search and click the Materialize option.
- Enter the connection fields as follows:
Field Value Integration name Materialize. Host name Materialize host name. Port 6875 Username Materialize user. Password App-specific password. Database materialize Cluster Your preferred cluster.
- Click the Create Integration button.
- After a successful test, in the popup dialog, you can either select an existing project or create a new one to continue.
Step 2. Execute and visualize a query
Create a new SQL block.
Inside the block, select the new Materialize integration and paste the following query:
SELECT number, row_num FROM ( SELECT power(series_number, 2) AS number, row_number() OVER (ORDER BY series_number ASC, series_number DESC) AS row_num FROM ( SELECT generate_series(0, 1000) AS series_number ) AS subquery );
This query generates a series of 1000 numbers squared and assigns row numbers to each.
Click the Run Notebook button.
Inside the block, click the Visualize button and configure as follows:
- In the Y Axis options, select the number column and set the aggregation to None.
- In the X Axis options, select the row_num column and set the aggregation to None.
For more information about Deepnote and the integration, visit their documentation.